8 years ago my sister suggested I find a way to publish the amusing emails I sent her about our dog Zoe. Now there is blogging! Zoe tales are about Zoe (3 1/2 lb Chihuahua), Gracie (bigger and the world's friendliest Chihuahua) and other stuff I am thinking about. Enjoy!

Friday, May 20, 2005

And the Wonderful Musical Baton Continues to Twirl

Wow, I feel like I'm a real blogger now - I'm doing a meme and everything! Elisa was passed the baton by Elliott (I was at that Clinton speech at Cornell last year too - it really is a small world) and now she's passed it to me, among others. I got some link love (and was introduced to some cool new blogs), I am in any way inhabiting the same blog atmosphere as Elisa and Jory (and very indirectly, Scoble, via Elliott) so I must be arriving! O.K., enough of my basking in my self-made specialness - onto the Musical Baton!

Total volume of music files on my computer:
12 GB but this stat is somewhat misleading. This is not indicative of my music collection as I have yet to get a real MP3 player (theoretically I could listen on my PDA) or make a concerted effort to rip, store and catalog my music collection. Combination of being lazy and an early adopter/technophobe - I'll explain that one in another post. But, kickin' it old skool - I actually own something like 1,500 vinyl LPs, 200-300 vinyl 45s, and 400 or so CDs.

Last CD I bought: Devils & Dust by Bruce Springsteen, of course.

Song playing right now: Theme song to "All My Children" Sad but true - TV is more my background noise than music these days. However, the idea of getting an iPod or other such device and getting my digital music act together has been seeping into my consciousness of late and perhaps one day, in the not too distant future, I'll have a true "Now Playing."

Update: "One Life to Live" is playing Strangelove by Depeche Mode - awesome! Perfect!

Five songs I listen to alot these days:
1. God is Not Sleeping - Phil Roy
(Next four are from TV commercials that catch my attention and make me dance around when they come on)
2. Pump It - Black Eyed Peas (Best Buy)
3. Callin' Out - Lyrics Born (Diet Coke with Adrien Brody - "Bounce" and Tower Records "Funk")
4. Starry-Eyed Surprise - Paul Oakenfold (Diet Coke with roller skates - "Sparkle")
5. Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz (iTunes & iPod with roller skates)

And when I get with my digital music future those songs are at the top of the list of songs to add.

And now I pass the baton to:

My disclaimer is that I've never been in direct contact with any of these bloggers. However, they all have interesting blogs that I enjoy reading and that I highly recommend, I suspect they'll be game, and I'll be interested to find out what they are listening to if they decide to play.

Update: It occurs to me that most of my dear readers don't blog and many would have fantastically fascinating answers - so friends - send me an email with your answer and I'll publish it here for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|