8 years ago my sister suggested I find a way to publish the amusing emails I sent her about our dog Zoe. Now there is blogging! Zoe tales are about Zoe (3 1/2 lb Chihuahua), Gracie (bigger and the world's friendliest Chihuahua) and other stuff I am thinking about. Enjoy!

Friday, March 11, 2005

Pop Culture in the Academy

Now that I'm tuned into the blogosphere, I was curious and checked out a blog I read about in the University of Chicago Magazine (my favorite of the 3 universities I attended).

Daniel Drezner is a Professor of Political Science at Chicago (I don't know him but I was in the Ph.D. program there and - small world note - my friend Kimberly [whom I met at the Ph.D. program at UCLA where I was before I transferred to Chicago and who shares my last name but isn't really my sister] has his old office at the University of Colorado.) who blogs about
Politics, economics, globalization, academia, pop culture... all from an untenured perspective

I love the fact that he has back-to-back posts on "Should Jeffrey Sachs get $150 billion per year?" about a plan to eliminate global poverty and "The secret formula for superheroines" in which Buffy the Vampire Slayer gets a shout out. Buffy - one of the best.shows.ever.

Check it out for great reading that stimulates both sides of your brain.

And speaking of cool TV teen girl superheroines - where the heck did Joan of Arcadia go? Off to go surf and see if I can find out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|