8 years ago my sister suggested I find a way to publish the amusing emails I sent her about our dog Zoe. Now there is blogging! Zoe tales are about Zoe (3 1/2 lb Chihuahua), Gracie (bigger and the world's friendliest Chihuahua) and other stuff I am thinking about. Enjoy!

Monday, March 14, 2005

Punk Rock Granny

There was a time when I swore that I'd be a punk rock granny. Punk rock until I die. Yeah, right. Until I cut off all my funny colored hair so I could look respectable for my college yearbook picture. I still managed to hold on to some of my p-grrrl respectability for a few more years but I sit here typing this to you wearing Eileen Fisher pants, a top from Talbots and with a color in my hair that looks like hair that could grow out of a human head.

Ian MacKaye, on the other hand, is all punk rock, all the time (and has made some really cool and highly influential music along the way). Check out this article in LA Weekly for an interesting article about staying true to yourself and to your brand. Because I can't resist the marketing angle, just think how brands that remain that consistent for 25 years while still evolving and going in new and different directions could succeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|