8 years ago my sister suggested I find a way to publish the amusing emails I sent her about our dog Zoe. Now there is blogging! Zoe tales are about Zoe (3 1/2 lb Chihuahua), Gracie (bigger and the world's friendliest Chihuahua) and other stuff I am thinking about. Enjoy!

Friday, April 08, 2005

Random Thoughts

Simon Cowell from American Idol has a new band that he put together - it's an opera boy band called Il Divo. Even though they did debut at #1 in the UK, I predict that they're going to be a flop here. I often agree with Simon's assessments of the singers on AI but I think he's gone wrong here. Pop boy bands are out of vogue these days - case in point: Backstreet Boys are on tour and playing small halls not arenas. And, the American music biz has been trying to find a winning pop-classical artist for at least 15+ years as I was given the assignment when I worked at a major record label to track down every artist in the country working in that vein because my boss was sure it was going to be the next big thing. It wasn't then and it wasn't because the idea was ahead of it's time. It's especially unlikely to resonate now with a generation of kids raised on formulaic, pitch corrected, pop singles.

When I read a description of the new Ford Mustang I thought it was going to be butt ugly but I must say, as I see more of them, I'm really liking them. They really are a good example of design that embodies the promise of the object as they look quite muscular. I had a run where it seemed like half the cars I rented on business trips were Mustangs and they really are quite fun to drive. I'd look cute in a 2005 convertible ;-)

Sprite Remix has launched their annual new flavor. After the original Tropical (which I liked very much despite the fact that I'm not a Sprite [lemon-lime in general] fan) and last year's Berryclear, they've launched the completely obtusely named Aruba Jam. Not quite a skittle-y as Berryclear, Aruba Jam offers a vaguely candy-ish cherry flavor. The hint is the red trim on the label. Somehow I doubt they grow cherries in Aruba. Update before I even publish - I checked for a link (nothing official out there yet - I think some bottles hit the shelves early before official launch) but supposedly it's orange flavored. My tastebuds could be faulty and my brain could have been thrown by the red trim but it's no where near something like Mountain Dew Live Wire which is a huge guilty pleasure for me. Fortunately Live Wire is only out in the summer so my temptation is limited. Again, I need to quite typing before investigating - I appear to be in trouble as the Live Wire website says they're staying for good not just popping up between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Hopefully, I won't be as interested if I can get it anytime.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard it was Sprite mixed with Stawberry, Pineapple, and Passion Fruit. The sites that you were probably coming across were all speculatory articles written before the drink was actually made. I got the information that I provided you from a site that I can't seem to put my finger on. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but I guess we'll find out when they finally post it on the website.

April 09, 2005 10:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard it was Sprite mixed with Stawberry, Pineapple, and Passion Fruit. The sites that you were probably coming across were all speculatory articles written before the drink was actually made. I got the information that I provided you from a site that I can't seem to put my finger on. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but I guess we'll find out when they finally post it on the website.

April 09, 2005 10:05 PM

 
Blogger Wag said...

Thanks anonymous! That makes sense - Strawberry/Passion Fruit/Pineapple would explain the sweet cherry-ish taste I thought. Red fruit but sweet (candy-like) not tart like a cherry. I'll have to taste again with that info in mind and keep an eye out for official news.

April 10, 2005 1:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome!

April 11, 2005 9:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|