8 years ago my sister suggested I find a way to publish the amusing emails I sent her about our dog Zoe. Now there is blogging! Zoe tales are about Zoe (3 1/2 lb Chihuahua), Gracie (bigger and the world's friendliest Chihuahua) and other stuff I am thinking about. Enjoy!

Monday, April 04, 2005

Trackbacks Enabled

On my continuing quest to learn more about this blogging stuff, I've added trackbacks to my blog courtesy of Haloscan since Blogger doesn't provide them. It should be interesting to see if I get any since, as far as I can tell, one of my sisters checks in on my blog with any regularity and otherwise - unless I specifically point a friend or family member to a post, they go unread.

When I was at UCLA the radio station was known as radio for the deaf since it could only be heard in buildings specifically wired for the signal. In other words, unless you lived in a dorm or were hanging in the student union, you were out of luck. So perhaps I am blogging for the unwired ;-)

I can't pull up the blog via any search engines save for putting in the url title (zoetales) into Google given that this is a Blogger/Google blog. I've notified Yahoo! of the blog and have it linked to my My Yahoo RSS reader, but no luck there. I'm not whining - just noting that I've got some more work to do on figuring this stuff out. I've been trying to remain anonymous for now while I learn and as I'm job hunting (don't want to be the first thing a potential employer could Google up about me be a discussion of my dogs and their bodily fluids) so I haven't made a serious effort to get this thing found. But really man, what a drag that I can't even amuse myself by seeing my blog on Google.

Ah well, back to the learning curve which is steeper than I thought and taking me longer to move along than I'd like. Next up on my list of things to learn (in addition to figuring out more elegant ways to add pictures than as individual posts) is how to make jumps so my long, rambling posts don't show whole. I seem to remember that there is a tutorial on it somewhere in Blogger.

I'm thinking of exploring Type Pad for my business blog which I hope to launch in the next few weeks. Just in case - anyone out there have any thoughts on the subject?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|