8 years ago my sister suggested I find a way to publish the amusing emails I sent her about our dog Zoe. Now there is blogging! Zoe tales are about Zoe (3 1/2 lb Chihuahua), Gracie (bigger and the world's friendliest Chihuahua) and other stuff I am thinking about. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Perry's Food for the Soul - Updated

I mentioned below that I grabbed some quick tacos at Guadalajara in San Leandro the other day. When I have a bit more time and a much bigger appetite, I like to stop by my cousin's restaurant in San Leandro - Perry's Food for the Soul.

Stephanie has always been a fantastic cook and has had a lot of love for sharing her gift. I once got a serious bee in my bonnet for trying to perfect a version of our grandmother's rice pudding. Despite apprenticing in my grandmother's kitchen, I couldn't get it right. When I went off to college Stephanie found me yet another recipe and wrote me a card with the recipe and tips. Also, Oprah may have anointed Delilah's in Philadelphia as home of the best mac 'n cheese (and it's good - I would pick some up at the 30th St train terminal when I lived there and came home on the train from trips to visit the ad agency in NYC), but I could have told Oprah that cousin Stephanie actually makes the best.

So if you're near San Leandro and have a hankering for some tasty soul food - check out Perry's Food for the Soul (in Pelton Center off East 14th.) Or, talk to Stephanie about catering your next function and get ready for some seriously cheesy bliss.

UPDATE: Sadly, I must report that Perry's Food for the Soul has closed for business. The restaurant biz is a tough one and I wish Stephanie the best in whatever life holds next for her.

UPDATE 2: Please ignore the previous update. Apparently Stephanie has decided to hang on and keep up the good fight. So stop by and give her tasty food a try and help a sister out!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second the recommendation for Perry's Food for the Soul. I got excited when the link posted to Oprah's page, but sadly didn't see her name there. Maybe the link is an affirmation. Go Steph.

March 24, 2005 11:44 AM

 
Blogger Wag said...

Thanks for the notice Angela - the link for Perry's is supposed to go to an East Bay Express article. The link for Oprah is about Delilah's in Philadelphia. I'll fix it.

March 24, 2005 12:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 07, 2005 7:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|