8 years ago my sister suggested I find a way to publish the amusing emails I sent her about our dog Zoe. Now there is blogging! Zoe tales are about Zoe (3 1/2 lb Chihuahua), Gracie (bigger and the world's friendliest Chihuahua) and other stuff I am thinking about. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Keeping Busy Away From the Blog

So I haven't posted in few days, in part because I've actually been out and about away from home. On Saturday I had a nice visit with my friend Gail who was in SF.

On Friday I saw Alvin Ailey in Berkeley which was quite wonderful. They performed an amazing piece titled "Caught" which I don't want to give away in case you ever get a chance to see it, but it had half the audience on their feet at the end. Also, they performed a new piece titled "Shining Star" set to the music of Earth, Wind & Fire which is my mother's favorite band so it was a special treat for her, especially since it was her first time seeing Alvin Ailey live. I'm always taken with the ability of Alvin Ailey performances be both incredibly accessible and yet so clearly and thoroughly grounded in formal dance training.

I had a late lunch before the show at Guadalajara Taqueria in San Leandro. Although, the reviews aren't stellar, I find their carnitas (served only on Fri, Sat, Sun) quite tasty. I pick up a couple of small soft tacos for a buck each and that satisfies the craving. The line is always out the door so maybe it speaks to the price, but I think the food has something to do with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|