8 years ago my sister suggested I find a way to publish the amusing emails I sent her about our dog Zoe. Now there is blogging! Zoe tales are about Zoe (3 1/2 lb Chihuahua), Gracie (bigger and the world's friendliest Chihuahua) and other stuff I am thinking about. Enjoy!

Monday, July 04, 2005

Hey Baby - it's the 4th of July

~X~ rocks!

I listened to the Live 105 top American Rock Icons special all day and night today - very interesting. Lots to quibble with but it was unmoderated - based on listener votes. You know Kurt Cobain was going to be number one and he was but lots of varied choices all around and from all variations of "rock" from pop (Frank Sinatra) to classic (Hendrix) to R&B (Al Green) to funk (George Clinton) to Hip Hop (eminem, Beasties [forget who they chose as the "icon"], Chuck D, Jay Z, Missy Elliot...) to Punk (lots of arguable choices) to dance (Madonna) to country (Johnny Cash) and so on. It kind of reminded me of the late, great KSAN back in the '70s when they would play literally everything - it was a huge influence on my eclectic taste in music.

People in the neighborhood are setting off their firecrackers and the noise is freaking Gracie out on top of her already frayed nerves from all my out of the ordinary activity. She knows when something's up (like moving) and she starts following me around or hiding in corners or behind the toilet. Perhaps that's why when I tried to cut her nails the other day so she would be presentable to meet potential landlords she managed to out devil dog herself and whip her head around in a 360 degree motion, jaws snapping non-stop and the most unearthly howls coming out of her so that I couldn't even put her muzzle on, let alone cut her nails. I wrestled with her for 1 & 1/2 hours - I kid you not. I'm sure the neighbors thought either I was torturing her or performing a satanic ritual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|