8 years ago my sister suggested I find a way to publish the amusing emails I sent her about our dog Zoe. Now there is blogging! Zoe tales are about Zoe (3 1/2 lb Chihuahua), Gracie (bigger and the world's friendliest Chihuahua) and other stuff I am thinking about. Enjoy!

Friday, February 10, 2006

Spring is in the Air

Envy me.  It's been in the 70's all week, sunny, gorgeous, clear - I can actually peek at the Bay - and flowers are blooming.  There are cherry blossoms, camellias, cala lilies, daffodils and some beautiful and enormously fragrant white flower I discovered yesterday on the next block over while a was walking the dogs.  Now with all these blooms busting out all over you'd think the air around here would smell like perfume.  But no, it smells like skunk.  And now I know why.
 
It turns out that it's skunk mating season and when the boy skunks come a callin' the girl skunks are not only picky but they indicate their rejection of potential suitors by dousing them with stinky skunk spray. 
 
And I am happy to know that I have until April to enjoy this charming aroma.  Oh, joy.
 
 
Powered By Qumana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|