8 years ago my sister suggested I find a way to publish the amusing emails I sent her about our dog Zoe. Now there is blogging! Zoe tales are about Zoe (3 1/2 lb Chihuahua), Gracie (bigger and the world's friendliest Chihuahua) and other stuff I am thinking about. Enjoy!

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Why I Love/Hate Blogs

Hi. My name is Wag and I'm a blogger.

Yep, I'm addicted to blogs and blogging. I shake my fist at you accursed instant publishing mind-crack.

So here's my day so far...

1. Get up.
2. Work out. (Yay for me!)
3. Eat breakfast.
4. Check assorted email accounts.
5. Check My Yahoo! Page 1 for updated news.
6. Check My Yahoo! Page 2 for updated blogs.
7. Click on fresh post "Divo Blogs" at Diva Marketing.
8. Experience brief moment of disappointment that post is not actually on new Simon Cowell opera boy band Il Divo. (previously mentioned here)
9. Find post is actually about a blogroll of recommended male bloggers. (funny given the brouhaha surrounding the lack of links to female bloggers - which reminds me - plug BlogHer)
10. Start clicking on each link. (use shift when clicking on link to open new window - trick learned at Lifehacker - I think)
11. Get to link 5 (of 65) for Blog Business World.
12. Blog Business World points me to Carnival of the Vanities and this month's Carnival posted at Dr. Zen's Yeah Whatever blog.
14. Carnival of the Vanities points me to Chris Clarke's blog Creek Running North and his most remarkable post titled "Life and Death". Read this!
15. Spend about an hour reading and digesting post and the massive string of comments generated. The post combined with comments are a tutorial unto themselves about blogging - the nature of personal blogs, how comments generate discussion, how comment spam of a type gets generated, how bloggers deal with it - the whole lot of it - in actual substance and in instruction, all fascinating.
16. Carnival of the Vanities also points me to LaShawn Barber's post on blogging pet peeves which in my brain makes me think of issues raised by the reading discussed in #15. (Note: I don't much agree with Ms. Barber's politics, but I am repeatedly pointed to her blog and her insights. I have a great deal of respect for her intellect and blogging skills. And, as she is, like me, a Black woman who blogs, my curiosity is always piqued when I see her links.)
17. Write this post and spend too much time updating links, html code and trackbacks.
18. 4 hours after logging on admit that I really should take advantage of the weather and force myself to do some yard work. (Gardening is one of those things that I really, really don't want to learn how to do but it's one of those "joys of home ownership" that you take on - ugh!)

My life sucks - I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|