8 years ago my sister suggested I find a way to publish the amusing emails I sent her about our dog Zoe. Now there is blogging! Zoe tales are about Zoe (3 1/2 lb Chihuahua), Gracie (bigger and the world's friendliest Chihuahua) and other stuff I am thinking about. Enjoy!

Saturday, February 25, 2006

R.I.P. Mama Kitty

My sister convened a family meeting this morning to discuss how to celebrate my mother's birthday.  I arrived to learn that Mama Kitty - the original feral cat, and mother and grandmother to the brood that my sister and her partner care for in their backyard - leader of the "backyard babies" had died.  She was probably hit by a car, which is sad, but she had a much better life and avoided that fate for years because of the fixin' and care given to her by the new owner of the house attached to the backyard that she had claimed as home.
 
Mama kitty was curiously small - much smaller than her children and grandchildren.  And had the wisdom of age and life on the streets.  She was the only one that wasn't freaked by Zoe's presence and Zoe respected her quiet authority. 
 
Here is a link to a story from my sister which includes the tale of when Mama Kitty met Zoe.
 
Rest peacefully Mama Kitty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|