8 years ago my sister suggested I find a way to publish the amusing emails I sent her about our dog Zoe. Now there is blogging! Zoe tales are about Zoe (3 1/2 lb Chihuahua), Gracie (bigger and the world's friendliest Chihuahua) and other stuff I am thinking about. Enjoy!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I have the best BFFs

"If anyone knows how wonderful it is to have entertaining friends, it's you. You've spent a whole lot of time cultivating just such a crew, and you don't take their affection lightly. You also don't invite someone into that circle without considering how their company will add to it, or how the existing members will take to them. So now that you're ready to 'open the books,' be sure someone lets this fortunate newcomer know just how special the invitation really is."
 
This is my horoscope from My Yahoo! today.  I don't know that it's much of a horoscope.  I mean, why aren't I going on a journey or meeting a tall, dark and handsome stranger?  But it is true that I have some high standards about who I am friends with.  I'm a snob.  There, I said it.
 
Frankly, I don't know that I'd make the cut for being friends with me.  Which is why I'm always supremely flattered when the bloggers I stalk give me shout outs on their blog, and better yet they sometimes let me stalk them offline, too!  Not only is it pretty much the only way I get traffic (my one faithful reader - my sister- asked me for this blog's URL recently - I mean just because I didn't post for 6 months you stop visiting?  Really?  WTF?!?) but I only stalk the really cool kids so it's like totally awesome when they send me the linky love.
 
So I don't know who the fabulous person it is to whom I'm about to "open the books."  My circles are so spread out across the country these days I count the years between seeing most of them in person and the visits are generally discreet, with one or two - not in circles.  Damn, I miss the chance to twirl in circles.  But anyhoo - if you're the lucky guy or gal the stars say are about to not only have the pleasure of my fabulous friendship, count your blessings that you are going to get an invitation to join my crew and that's really going to rock your world.
 
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|